I’ve got a review over at BookPage of Nina Laden’s If I Had a Little Dream (Paula Wiseman Books, February 2017), illustrated by Melissa Castrillon. That is here, if you’d like to read all about the book.
This is a snug, gentle book, and it’s Castillon’s debut as an illustrator. Here are a couple more spreads.
Treasure would make me glow inside, / more than I could measure.”
(Click to enlarge spread)
IF I HAD A LITTLE DREAM. Copyright © 2017 by Nina Laden. Illustrations © 2017 by Melissa Castrillon and reproduced by permission of the publisher, Paula Wiseman Books/Simon & Schuster, New York.
Note for any new readers: 7-Imp’s 7 Kicks is a weekly meeting ground for taking some time to reflect on Seven(ish) Exceptionally Fabulous, Beautiful, Interesting, Hilarious, or Otherwise Positive Noteworthy Things from the past week, whether book-related or not, that happened to you. New kickers are always welcome.
1) Heading to Michigan this week to talk about picture books for the Children’s Literacy Network. I’m excited to meet folks. Also, I definitely knew I wanted to go when the person who asked me said, “Children’s books require art that speaks to their inner artist and gives their mind a window or a secret trap door from commercial bombardment and the drudgery of text books.”
2) Sending, sharing books. Hoping they are loved.
3) Reading Fahrenheit 451 to my girls.
4) This voice.
5) My Obama print arrived! Thank you, Matt, for doing this. He’s donating all proceeds to the ACLU.
7) A new place to gather and eat.
What are YOUR kicks this week?